Account Executive, Consumer PR – Job Description
We have a brilliant opportunity for a hungry and dedicated Account Executive to join our Consumer PR team, working across a portfolio of hospitality, travel, food, drink and retail clients.
You will join our growing team in Glasgow’s city centre, where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the UK’s most experienced communication and media experts, while also bringing your own unique dynamism, organisational skills and creativity to the team.
As Account Executive you will support the Senior Account Manager in the creation and implementation of PR and communication strategies. This includes creating and maintaining media lists, coming up with campaign ideas, drafting press releases, undertaking desk research, generating coverage, maintaining excellent client relationships and managing media coverage reports.
You will be an exceptional communicator with brilliant copy writing skills.
You will have experience in the customer service sector and the preferable candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced media environment, such as a newsroom or agency.
Above all we are looking for an ambitious person with a passion for meeting new people and delivering brilliant results. An interest in popular culture, food, drink and travel is essential.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide creative campaign ideas for our clients
- Produce engaging and relevant content for target media
- Research and distribute press releases with the direction of the senior team
- Help devise PR strategies with supervision from the Senior Account Manager
- Build and grow relationships with media and clients
- Take ownership of media contacts database
- Answer inquiries from media, individuals and other organisations
- Collate coverage and analyse campaigns
- Support the Senior Account Manager in organising press conferences, events and virtual events.
- Update the Hollicom website and social media channels
Experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Previous journalism experience preferred but not essential
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb eye for detail
- Good knowledge of social media practices and influencers
- Great social skills
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 17-21k, salary depending on experience
Please email your CV with a cover letter to Katie@hollicom.co.uk telling us why this is the perfect job for you.